Nov. 8 Proverbs

Proverbs
Chapter 8

1] Does not Wisdom call, and Understanding raise her voice?
2] On the top of the heights along the road, at the crossroads she takes her stand;
3] By the gates at the approaches of the city, in the entryways she cries aloud:
4] "To you, O men, I call; my appeal is to the children of men.
5] You simple ones, gain resource, you fools, gain sense.
6] "Give heed! for noble things I speak; honesty opens my lips.
7] Yes, the truth my mouth recounts, but the wickedness my lips abhor.
8] Sincere are all the words of my mouth, no one of them is wily or crooked;
9] All of them are plain to the man of intelligence, and right to those who attain knowledge.
10] Receive my instruction in preference to silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11] (For Wisdom is better than corals, and no choice possessions can compare with her.)
12] "I, Wisdom, dwell with experience, and judicious knowledge I attain.
13] (The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;) Pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth I hate.
14] Mine are counsel and advice; Mine is strength; I am understanding.
15] By me kings reign, and lawgivers establish justice;
16] By me princes govern, and nobles; all the rulers of earth.
17] "Those who love me I also love, and those who seek me find me.
18] With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
19] My fruit is better than gold, yes, than pure gold, and my revenue than choice silver.
20] On the way of duty I walk, along the paths of justice,
21] Granting wealth to those who love me, and filling their treasuries.
22] "The LORD begot me, the first-born of his ways, the forerunner of his prodigies of long ago;
23] From of old I was poured forth, at the first, before the earth.
24] When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains or springs of water;
25] Before the mountains were settled into place, before the hills, I was brought forth;
26] While as yet the earth and the fields were not made, nor the first clods of the world.
27] "When he established the heavens I was there, when he marked out the vault over the face of the deep;
28] When he made firm the skies above, when he fixed fast the foundations of the earth;
29] When he set for the sea its limit, so that the waters should not transgress his command;
30] Then was I beside him as his craftsman, and I was his delight day by day, Playing before him all the while,
31] playing on the surface of his earth; and I found delight in the sons of men.
32] "So now, O children, listen to me;
33] instruction and wisdom do not reject! Happy the man who obeys me, and happy those who keep my ways,
34] Happy the man watching daily at my gates, waiting at my doorposts;
35] For he who finds me finds life, and wins favor from the LORD;
36] But he who misses me harms himself; all who hate me love death."


Source: http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/proverbs/proverb8.htm

. Bookmark the permalink.