Random CGS


Just a few CGS thoughts that I have over the past days. Just a few of many, but work is soooo busy for me and hey, this blog don't pay the bills.




***** While listening to last weeks Whose More Catholic, I couldn't help but draw a correlation between the judging/scoring for that contest and the Olympics. Lino must feel like an American gymnast. The Chinese girl (Father Jim) doesn't stick the landing yet somehow the judges(the audience) still give her a higher score than the American (Lino) who nails her routine. Granted, it makes for better radio, alot funnier to hear Lino get upset. Personally, as I listen I think I might vote the same way. Keep things close and interesting. Plus, if Father doesn't win a few the segment might be cancelled.




******** Since I am on segments, I wouldn't mind the return of the Inqizzition. For our new XM listeners, that was a game played on Friday's that in a quiz show fashion recapped some of the material covered on the show that week. It often pitted Lou against another cast member or for awhile even the audience. Good Stuff. Makes me wonder how Lou would do against Jared?




******** Oh an new XM listeners a few bits of advice. I say the following in my best Monte Python voice ...........RUN AWAY!!!!!!!. Go find someone selling crack or meth on the street. There is a lesser chance you'll become addicted to that than this show. After listening for awhile you'll find yourself driving slower on your commute, maybe, taking that longer way home, the route with the construction. You'll find yourself cursing at green lights. Next you put down some big bucks on a stilletto so that you can record the show. That way you'll never miss a second. Problem is who has 3 hours a day to listen to everything recorded. Kiss any other hobbies or hopes for some free time goodbye. Seriously, if you don't have any self discipline stop listening while you still can.




****** I like boyfriend Lino. It is fun to see the struggles of the male/female relationship presented on the air. It is good for me to hear. Sometimes, a person thinks "Am I the only guy that deals with this?" Lino presents relational topics which Lou confirms. It makes me realize all is normal in my life.


I fell back on these thoughts recently. My wife had been gone for about 4 days with one of our kids. I stayed back with the other 4. Perfectly balancing work and parenting. Usually, I meet her at the airport on her return with flowers but work wouldn't allow it. Instead, I had a bouquet on the table with a note "wish I could have met you at the airport" Classy!!!! Get home from work wife so happy, flowers and I had prepared an extra meal the night before so that she wouldn't have to cook. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!!!!! THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!!!! But wait!!! There is a flag on the play. Wife notices mostly empty bottle of wine in the fridge. Doesn't have a problem with the drinking. Hey, a glass a night while making supper for 4 noisy kids is a neccissity. PO'd because it is the wine her Mom brought back from Vermont. She was saving that bottle. Gee Whiz!!!!! 10 bottles on the shelf to choose from and I pick the SPECIAL bottle. But I just smiled and laughed to myself, thanks to Lino I know my wife is normal.

. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Random CGS

  1. I like boyfriend Lino too. It's nice to see him happy.

    I think the XM listeners have added a new energy to the show. Its great to hear so many new callers.

  2. Oh Doug...

    calling me Chinese girl gymnyst - you will indeed pay...

  3. Jim in ND says:

    Fr. Jim Chern said...
    Oh Doug...

    calling me Chinese girl gymnyst - you will indeed pay...

    November 19, 2008 9:09 AM

    Yeah, I chuckled as I typed it thinking of the connotations.