Greetings from the Intern!



In the words of Austin Powers, "Allow myself to introduce...myself."

My name is Krista D'Amore, and I am The Catholic Guy Show's brand new intern! As requested, I'll be writing here each week to give you all a taste of what goes on behind the scenes on the show and at SiriusXM in general.

Just a little background on who I am and how I got here: I am from Northeast Ohio but study broadcast journalism in upstate New York at Syracuse University. The past few summers back home, I worked on a Catholic event with many priests and seminarians who in turn got me hooked on TCGS. After a few months, a few emails, and an on-air interview, here I am interning for the show in New York City. Words cannot express how thankful I am to Lino and the crew for giving me an opportunity to work with a show I love.

But I know you don't really care about me-- you care about the behind the scenes dirt, obviously. Here are the answers to a few questions you may be asking about TCGS:

1. Are they different in person than they are on-air? The short answer is no, not at all. If anything, they are just fuller versions of their on-air personas. Nothing is an act. Lino is still hilarious and intelligent, Maureen is good natured and hard working, and Lou is helpful and very witty. So far, the three are extremely fun to work with, and I've loved getting to know them all a little better.

2. What exactly happens during breaks? The breaks are my favorite parts of the show now, ironically. The crew will usually exchange clever comments or make fun of something while prepping for the next segment. It can get a little crude at times, but it's all hilarious and in good fun. Or at least just hilarious.

3. What goes into prepping a normal show every day? Stay tuned-- next week I'll go in depth on how show material is decided. I can't give everything away in one blog post, after all. As a tease, below is a picture of Lino, Maureen and Lou at their desks preparing the show:


If you have any burning questions about the show, feel free to leave a comment. I'll do my best to give you an accurate picture of what's it's like to work for Lino and the gang...without giving away too much, of course.

Overall, my first week as an intern was amazing. I honestly wouldn't be writing this blog post if I felt differently.

...but there's no way I'm ranking my favorite people on the show as Lino requested on-air. We all know that will only get me into trouble. :P

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Greetings from the Intern!

  1. So funny you used the Austin Powers line, I almost used it if my first post!!
    Great post Krista. Welcome to the show and the fan site. We are looking forward to hearing from you! So happy you agreed to writing!

  2. Suzy Palmer says:

    God bless and GO BROWNS!!