The Catholic Gaga Show

I never thought I'd say this, but thanks to The Catholic Channel, I was walking through the aisles at the grocery store tonight humming "can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my poker face". (the dude in the deli section winked at me, though)

I tuned into today's show (I'm a bad fan, I know) in time to hear the Lady Gaga / meat dress discussion. I had to laugh. I wouldn't consider myself a Lady Gaga fan, but as one of my friends (who is also Catholic) would say, her music is a guilty pleasure.

And the discussion about whether the Pope knows who Lady Gaga is got interesting, and it made me wonder ... would I (or anyone else, for that matter) like to be known by someone like Pope Benedict XVI for wearing raw meat, or would I rather just fly under the radar and not be noticed? Granted, having the Pope pray for me by name would be awesome, (hi, your Holiness, if you read this blog - please pray for me. Thanks.) but that's not what we should be seeking in this life. Just take a look at the 2nd reading from yesterday's Mass readings - The Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

Brothers and sisters:
Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
Rather, he emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
coming in human likeness;
and found human in appearance,
he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.



So, kids, don't go wearing raw meat with the hopes that the Pope will notice you.  And, keep it real - let people read your poker face.  Please don't call my name AlejandrLOU.  I want your love and I want your Maureen, you and me could write a bad Catholic.  I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, Lino-Linorazzi.

. Bookmark the permalink.