Crew Appreciation Week: Ryan Grant

Does anyone else think Ryan's sofa looks a lot like Lino's... hmmm, is there a Single Catholic Man Furniture Store no one has told the rest of us about?  ;) kidding, keep reading to hear more about Ryan Grant. 


I have to say right off the bat. I like Ryan. I was really excited when he started with the show a few months back. I think he is a great addition to the All Male Revue going on now that Fr. Rob has joined the cast.

In order to best appreciate Ryan, I thought I would showcase a few of his other talents. A few music clips and videos of Ryan Grant's musical prowess.


First we have Ryan's entry to the "Create the New Show Open" contest before he got the gig on The Catholic Guy Show. This was our first taste of what the 'future' new guy was good for. I think he did a solid job. Very smart to use the Foo Fighters.

I comment Ryan on one of his first big ways of stepping up on the show when he orchestrated (yes a  pun, just go with it people) a Music Makeover Monday full of Ryan Grant Music.  1-BOLD MOVE, 2-classy, and 3-dangerous.  Way to go dude. We all know Lino likes to rip apart the music on the Monday Music spot.  Putting himself up there was wicked outgoing of Ryan.  It shows he isn't afraid to take a little criticism in the name of good fun.

Here's a little video of Ryan singing a cover of Howie Day's Collide. Full confession, I love this song... better yet, Ryan nails it!  


Ryan has been a great fit for the new direction the show has taken. He's a former seminarian so we know he can hold his own with Lino and Fr. Rob. He clearly has passion, which this Catholic Guy Show fan thinks is a huge deal for anyone trying to do GOOD CATHOLIC MEDIA.  I enjoy hearing Ryan on air when he can. I have to imagine it is incredibly busy on that side of the desk-SO MANY BUTTONS over there, and answering the phones... Good Luck Ryan. We are really happy having you on the team!
.
.
.
.
.
.

p.s.  You guys all have to visit http://www.youtube.com/ryangrantmusic for the rest of his stuff. I'm a harsh critic when it comes to 'Christian Music' and I think Ryan has got some of it really right. A little birdie told me to direct you all to this last video I included, which is an original song that was recorded live at a Youth2000 Catholic retreat. 

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.