Random CGS Thoughts for the Week.




Just a couple Catholic Guy Show thoughts and scenarios that I encountered this week.
First, Lou thought it was creepy that dustin found Lou's old radio show's myspace page. I thought it was an excellent bit of investigative journalism. But after Lou's comment, it made me ponder why I found the information relevant to my life. Does Lou realize that we (me) as an audience are genuinely interested in other aspects of theirs lives? And why are we(me) interested? Is my life that bland? No, not really. But I know the everyday mundane routines to my life. I just curious about other peoples. Not creepy, just curious.
I really felt I could empathize with Lino this week. We both encountered a similar situation. Lino told the story this week of riding in the elevator with a guy in his building who he also sees at Church. Lino was heading out for a jog, aaah, run that is. Yeah, yeah, Lino runs, doesn't jog. Any whoo, this guy suggested that Lino and he should start jogging, dang, I mean running together. Lino said the guy was a good guy but Lino likes his solitary time and didn't want to jog , sorry run, with him. Of course, Lino not wanting to look like a jerk, exchanged numbers with the guy and now feels obligated to call him when he goes for a run. (Finally, got it right).
I was faced with a similar scenario. Wednesday, I had to travel about 100 miles to give a talk related to my industry. I was pumped. Not to give the talk but it would allow me to get about 2 hours of travel time during TCGS. Typically, I have to listen to the show recorded. Now I would get a little fresh Lino. Plus, with a wife and 5 kids I was looking forward to just being by myself.

However, I made a fatal mistake. I mentioned that I had to duck out of work early to leave for the presentation. My best bud at work asks where the talk is. Immediately, I realize I am in trouble because the talk takes place in his hometown. Great!!!! He'll ride with me. He hasn't seen his parents in awhile and he has a few things there that he needs to get. I know I can't say no. Why, why do these things happen to me? I don't ask for much Lord. I really, really, don't. Why must you mock me? Why?
Hey, don't get discouraged. Turn on the show. Maybe the guy will like it. Yeah, Yeah, that'll work.
So we take off and I turn on the show. Lino is on. Reading a email from a listener who says he loves the show but his mom doesn't. Lino says most mothers don't like the show. Lou says his mom does. Lino says his mom does. Lino says to the emailer, "You know what I don't like your mother, ........... bet you never seen that one coming?" Funny stuff. Friend laughs. My hopes rise. But are quickly dashed.
You know what this inconsiderate jerk of a friend wants to do during our travel time. TALK!!! You know cordial visiting crap that most friends do. Well, most friends don't have Sirius Radio. Most friends aren't a blogger for a national, check that, international radio show. People are so rude, inconsiderate and unaware. FLIPPIN' LINO RULLI IS ON!!!!

RELAX, Man, you can still catch most of the replay on the way home. Pick up my friend just as replay starts. Friend yawning, telling how tired he is. Hope I don't mind if he crashes. No problem. Nighty, Night. Then I make the mistake of asking how was his evening.? The fool doesn't realize the question means nothing. More rhetorical than inquizzical. Begins to speak about evening. Never does sleep on the return trip. Sometimes my life seems like a huge exercise in futility.

. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Random CGS Thoughts for the Week.

  1. That my friend, is why you are the best blogger on this website. So funny!

  2. Man, you've just described my life. Except it's funny when it happens to you.