Confessions of a bad Lino fan

Here now are things that no self-respecting Lino fan would admit, let alone a guy who payed twenty bucks for the domain catholicguyshow.com

• I totally missed the Notre Dame pre-game show by Lino
• I missed Fridays show after my headphones bit the dust, and I decided that Lino in just one ear (the left) was not worthy of my attention.
• Sometimes at work, when things get a little stressful, or the headphones are too uncomfortable that day, I decide to ignore three hours of Catholic pleasure, in the hopes that I'll listen to the replay. Unfortunately, once I get home, I end up plopping down and watching Scrubs reruns with a bottle of Samuel Adams, only to remember that I have unfinished Lino to attend to. Unfortunately, I usually remember that part just in time for Father Dave's laughing, which signals the end of said Catholic Pleasure.

So there you have it. I am a terrible fan. Even more so is that I never update the web site anymore. I could whine, tell you my life is too busy. Tell you my ex-girlfriend killed my dog, and that I'm in a state of mourning. Or that the normally fuzzy skinemax programming came in clear for 73 seconds.

Instead, most of the time, it's because I don't feel like it.

Wow, I am indeed lazy. But am I? It's a nice parallel to all of our spiritual lives. How many times have we not done the right thing for God because we didn't feel like it? I don't feel like tithing today, I don't feel like doing the rosary, I don't feel like reading that passage from Obadiah!

Even in my Lino-inspired flaws, I find spiritual truth. And that's one of the great things about the show. You don't have to be perfect to listen to Lino. Lino isn't going to point out your minor flaws (unless you happen to be producing his show) and curse you into repenting. Lino's your normal dude that just knows a lot more about Catholicism than you do.

Knows more, that is. He's just as flawed as the rest of us, and his honesty on the show reveals that. While I may not be perfect, I try my best for Lino: while working, I try to send at least five emails a day to the show. And though I may not post every day like a paid blogger, I try my hardest, and I can honestly admit that to you.

When you have a host that encourages honesty, this topic is a lot easier to write about.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Confessions of a bad Lino fan

  1. Jim in ND says:

    dustin, it's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up. Hey, if you can tie your laziness inot theology, I can drop a cliche ;-)

  2. i thought you had joined the Catholic Taliban.