Don't know what you got until it's gone

I think in order to appreciate something, it has to be taken away from you.

Yeah hamburgers are great. You know when they are really great? On Fridays of Lent. That ex-girlfriend of yours? Her cooking was always good, but now that she's left you for the college mascot, her cooking is to die for.

The point is, I don't think that we take time to thank God for things we have in life until they're gone. And for years, I've been blessed to have jobs where I could listen to The Catholic Guy Show while at work, or leave work in time to hear the rest of the show. In fact, I think I've missed four shows (not counting original shows I've missed but caught the replay) since March 2008.

A nice track record. One that might be harder to keep now that I have a new call center job. Yup, I now work from noon until nine p.m., with an hour lunch break. No listening to the radio at all from my job, so I have to wait until lunch to catch the show, usually from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., while sitting in my car.

Not being able to listen to Lino for three straight hours like I used to sucks. When lunch is wrapping up, he'll usually be promoting something he's doing later in the show, and I'll think to myself, "Damnit this job sucks!!! I'm missing the greatest show in the world!" True, I'm able to listen to full replays on the weekend, and I have Thursday off of work so I can listen to the whole thing (and do my best to live blog it), but still, it's just not the same anymore.

If anyone can help me find a graphic design position somewhere, please help me! It would be nice to do a job that I'm pretty damn good at, and it would be nice to hear more than an hour of Lino each day.

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Don't know what you got until it's gone

  1. Anonymous says:

    Why are you not starting your own business? If you have talent, and you want flexibility, and if you have a little bit of self motivation, it seems to me that you should be capitilizing on it. You must have made a few contacts through this blog and your other writing. Get at it! The world is waiting. Linda from Canada (yeah, I'm the only one)