GOD BLESS YOU DAN!


I just got a text message from Dan, our man, the mega-Lino fan... and I don't think he would mind me sharing his latest news - that he has arrived in San Antonio Texas to begin studies for the priesthood.
It was a year ago when I "met" "Discerning Dan" (as we called him last year) thru his Myspace group for Lino. I think I had emailed him after he talked on air with Lino about his discernment to the priesthood.
A year later, it was awesome to get that text message to know he's arrived there. I'm not sure if he's able to read this, just thought I'd post it here to say WE'RE PROUD OF YOU BUDDY!
That's not to say his discernment is "completed" and that he will definitely become a priest. That's the whole point. He believes this might be where the Lord is calling him to, and he's willing to give God the opportunity to reveal to him whether that's the case or not.
God's not asking for perfection from any of us (he knows us too well to ask for that!) All he's asking is for us to be open to His will for each of us.
Keep Dan in your prayers as he begins this time. Those first days of seminary can be a bit jarring for a guy. Also keep in your prayers all those other guys out there who God is calling - may they have the grace and courage to be open to that call as well.
Thanks to Lino, this might have been the first discernment process done over an international satellite radio broadcast.

. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to GOD BLESS YOU DAN!

  1. Dan S. says:

    Thanks there Father Jim! Yes, in a little more than 24 hours I've gone back and forth from "This is awesome!" to "What did I get myself into?!"

    I'm just hoping that the priests don't notice that big, ugly satellite radio receiver I hung out the second story window without asking. :-)