Welding my life with TCGS

Yesterday, as I was leaving my apartment, I saw a car parked outside with an out-of-state license plate. The state? Minnesota. The first thought that ran through my mind? 'Hey that's where Lino is from.'

I share this because I listen to The Catholic Guy Show as much as a college girl watches Grey's Anatomy (a crappy show, but it works in this analogy). And whenever anyone has this much time invested in something, they tend to go through highs and lows emotionally with the show. When something good happens on that show, the rest of their life tends to go well. When something crappy happens on the show, the rest of their life, totally unrelated to the show, is crappy as well.

Other parts of the show creep into my everyday life. I pay attention to the Minnesota Vikings football team more (Lino's favorite team). Whenever I have a date come over to my house, I always whip out..... Lino's Generation Cross DVD.

Some parts of the show I absolutely love, such as Priest Appreciation Day, the banter between Lino and Lou, and Lino's gift of helping people grow in their faith. Of course, there are things I absolutely despise about the show, the main one being Father Rob. I know he's a priest, so I should try to be respectful, but his appearances usually result in me turning off the radio. And since he poisons the entire Wednesday show, I usually don't listen on that day.

Regardless, someone asked me on the phone last night what was responsible for me converting to Catholicism. I must have sounded like a Sirius Public Relations representative after tellling her all about Lino's show.

With that said, hopefully the shows this week will be outstanding (and by outstanding, I mean locking Fr. Rob out of the studio). I'm definitely anxious to see if the segment "Who's More Catholic" will ever return, after Lino lost 6-1 on Friday to Fr. Jim (a priest who should be on more!).

Unlike those girls that watch Grey's Anatomy, I don't have to wait a whole week to get my fix. Thank God this show comes on every day. My spiritual life has benefited greatly.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Welding my life with TCGS

  1. Jim in ND says:

    I know the feeling. Althought I rarely whip out my Generation Cross DVD. However, I like Father Rob.

  2. Ugh, Fr. Rob is the only thing that could drive me away from the show.

  3. dominique says:

    I hate free therapy Tuesdays and don't list that day. It's just too self-indulgent. That being said, Lino still has the best show on Sirius (sorry Howard)

  4. Dan S. says:

    "I hate free therapy Tuesdays and don't list that day. It's just too self-indulgent. That being said, Lino still has the best show on Sirius (sorry Howard)"

    You're actually the first person I've heard who says they don't like FFT. I can see how it can be seen as self-indulgent. And, to be honest, sometimes I'm HOPING that Lino does have other "dark" things he talks about with his therapist that he doesn't mention on the air because, otherwise, it just seems often like Lino's complaining about normal stuff that a lot of people go through.

    But that's maybe exactly why I like the FFT so much. I don't claim to have an inside track on how God works, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some strings being pulled upstairs to keep Lino in therapy and talking about it on the air so that can help other people. He's sort of a "victim soul" in some weird way.